After hot Houston we moved on to the super hot Las Vegas. Las Vegas is certainly an interesting place, and I think you can get a good idea of a place by it’s airport. In Las Vegas, the first thing we see as we leave the plane – pokie machines. Personally I found that as a city it wasn’t overly appealing and looked pretty run down during the day; however, at night it did look rather pretty with all the lights. The Cirque Du Soleil performances were amazing, and the helicopter flight over Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam was more than worth the visit on its’ own.
Would I go to Las Vegas again if I wasn’t visiting Grand Canyon and Cirque performances? Probably not, as I just don’t find casinos that interesting but it was great to experience Las Vegas and certainly don’t regret going.
- What we did: 4 days spent wandering the strip, flying over the Grand Canyon and seeing the O and Ka Cirque Du Soleil shows
- Favourite part: Going on a helicopter flight and eating Oreo flavoured gelati in one of the Bellagio cafes everyday
- Best Experience: Dinner at Le Cirque in the Bellagio, followed by the O performance – fantastic!
- Worst Experience: Arriving at the Bellagio to find that our rooms hadn’t been booked properly for some reason, and the front desk staff didn’t seem to be overly interested in helping to fix the issue – awesome start to our time in Las Vegas
- Must See Attraction: Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam
- Next stop: San Francisco!