Our final stop for our 4 week America trip – Hawaii! Honolulu was fantastic to visit, easy to get around and the locals were incredibly friendly. My sister and I had great fun learning to surf with Hawaii Fire and Surf, and we got to relax and wind down before heading back to Australia. I would say if you’re planning to do a La’au, don’t. Seemed overrated in my opinion – you’d be better off visiting a cultural centre or learning to hula in one of the free classes that are given if you’re interested in the culture.
We got lucky and managed to see a festival while we were in Honolulu which was great fun. Lots of music and people – and the food stalls were great! Would definitely go back again, and would love to see the lava flows and Big Island.
- What we did: 5 days spent relaxing and enjoying the sights around Honolulu
- Favourite part: Having fun surfing with my sister
- Best Experience: Hiking to the top of Diamond Head and seeing the view
- Worst Experience: Getting severely sun burnt hiking Diamond Head (still have scars a year later – ouch!)
- Must See Attraction: The beautiful scenery
- Next stop: Sydney, Australia for a good friends wedding and then home