After the sweltering heat of Las Vegas we moved onto San Francisco – and promptly froze. First thing I made sure to purchase while in San Francisco was a brand new coat, two of them in fact. It was that cold! It might just have felt extra cold considering the adjustment moving from 35-40 degree heat in Las Vegas and Houston to San Francisco’s 14 degree weather with cold winds.
I had a great time in San Francisco and wished we had a lot more time to explore and get to see the city better. With two full day tours to Napa Valley and Yosemite, we didn’t really have enough time in roughly two days to really explore the city.
- What we did: 5 days spent touring the city, eating Ghirardelli chocolate, visiting Napa Valley and Yosemite National Park and visiting the amazing California Academy of Sciences
- Favourite part: Hard choice as San Francisco is a beautiful city, but would have to say Yosemite was a highlight
- Best Experience: Going for a jet boat and cruise around the bay to see the San Francisco Golden Gate and Oakland Bay bridges
- Worst Experience: No particularly bad experiences other than an incredibly grumpy old woman on the bus to the California Academy of Sciences – other than that the city was great
- Must See Attraction: Within the city area, the California Academy of Science and Pier 39 are worth a visit
- Next stop: Hawaii!