San Gimignano was another town we visited just briefly, and reminded me a lot of Siena. It’s another UNESCO world heritage listed site, and is known for its preserved tower houses and medieval architecture. We didn’t have a lot of time here, but we were able to wander around a little and also taste the world champion gelato which can be found within the square of San Gimignano.
Some things I learnt during our time in San Gimignano:
- Yum, the gelato is very good. Can’t say much else as we didn’t spend much time here
- What we did: A few short hours wandering around San Gimignano
- Favourite part: Getting to see the local markets and wandering through the town centre
- Best Experience: Eating gelato. Yup, can’t beat a good gelato
- Worst Experience: None
- Must See Attraction: The historic town centre and preserved towers
- Next stop: Back to Florence before heading onto Pisa!