We spent roughly two days as a part of our tour within the Lake Maggiore area doing day trips to the lakes and across the border to Switzerland. It was a fast paced introduction to the area, so can’t say that we got to see everything there, but it was an enjoyable time.
Some things I learnt during our time in Lake Maggiore:
- Switzerland across the border looks just like northern Italy, but somehow different
- What we did: 2 days in the Lake Maggiore area
- Favourite part: Visiting Isola Bella, and wandering across the border into Switzerland
- Best Experience: Buying chocolate in Switzerland – yum!
- Worst Experience: Terrible food at the hotel which had been selected as a part of the tour (blergh)
- Must See Attraction: The beautiful lakes in the region
- Next stop: Onto Verona!