We had just a short stop in Verona to visit Juliet’s balcony before wandering around the main square a little. It was a rather pleasant day, and we had a lovely lunch here – until it started pouring with rain just before we were heading to the bus! Fortunately Kate and I managed to make it back on board without getting too wet, but others within our tour group weren’t quite so lucky.
Some things I learnt during our time in Verona:
- Take a rain coat or umbrella – you never know when you’ll need it!
- What we did: 1/2 day wandering Verona
- Favourite part: Lunch, yum the food was good!
- Best Experience: Getting to wander around and check out some of the local craft stalls which were set up around the square
- Worst Experience: Finding out the restaurant we had lunch at got prickly over a bottle of water which someone forgot to pay for – not a great experience for our tour director
- Must See Attraction: Probably the mini pink colosseum and Juliet’s balcony
- Next stop: Onto Venice!