A stop in Ravenna was super short, and was mainly to have lunch; however, we did get to stop by the Basilica of Sant’Apollinare Nuovo before we had lunch. The mosaics within this Basilica are rather beautiful, and while it may not be as impressive say as the amount of art within the Vatican it was a nice spot to visit.
Some things I learnt during our short time in Ravenna:
- Take away food isn’t necessarily that nice – buy your gelato and other food from small cafes as you’ll get something much nicer for your money
- What we did: A few hours in Ravenna to see the church and eat lunch
- Favourite part: Taking a look at the mosaics in the Basilica of Sant’Apollinare Nuovo
- Best Experience: Basilica of Sant’Apollinare Nuovo
- Worst Experience: The food – could have been better but oh well
- Must See Attraction: Hard to say as we only saw the one site in Ravenna
- Next stop: Onto Assisi!