While we were on tour we were able to spend two evenings near to Sorrento. We had a fantastic time visiting the Amalfi Coast (although I felt rather sick on the bus – all those windy roads + the flu is not a good combination). We were able to have a short wander down through the winding streets towards the beach, and spend a little bit of time climbing our way back up (and re fueling at a bakery) before we were back on the bus and off to another location.
Some things I learnt during our short time in the Amalfi Coast:
- The fruit was oversize, as in huge!
- Beaches in Italy, while pretty do not have the same lovely soft sand we have in Australia
- What we did: 1/2 day checking out the Amalfi Coast
- Favourite part: Relaxing on the pebbly beach (not so comfortable) taking photos of the incredible view
- Best Experience: Nommming down yummy pastries from the local bakery
- Worst Experience: Definitely the bus ride in, so queasy!
- Must See Attraction: The incredible scenery would have to be the must see attraction for the Amalfi Coast
- Next stop: Onto Capri!