Capri was another of our short stops while on tour. It was a jam packed time in Capri with a boat ride to see the island from the water, before having some free time to wander around the main town. We were able to check out the local perfumery Carthusia which had some amazing perfumes before wandering off to find some heat relief (Kate decided on a gelato). The gardens on Capri were beautiful with lots of flowers in bloom, and the view of the cliffs from the garden just down the street from Carthusia was incredible!
Some things I learnt during our time in Capri:
- Sunscreen and a hat still don’t protect you from the sun. Ouch
- The local made perfumes smell amazing
- Nothing beats and lemon slushie in the middle of a hot day
- What we did: 1 day spent cruising on a boat around Capri and then wandering around the main piazza
- Favourite part: Wandering around the town of Capri, and taking a look at the beautiful gardens
- Best Experience: Heading out on a boat in beautiful weather, can’t go too wrong with that
- Worst Experience: The intense sunlight. You’d think living in Australia I’d be used to it, but no, I’m allergic to strong sunlight (or rather, easily burnt)
- Must See Attraction: Definitely the scenery, like the Amalfi Coast, Capri is spectacular
- Next stop: Onto Pompeii!