After our tour ended, we headed back to Rome for a couple of extra days. We spent a full day hitting a huge amount of museums and churches. From memory I think we managed to see 4 or 5 different churches as well as at least 3 or 4 museums. Needless to say, it was a pretty long day and we were rather exhausted by the end of it – but it was worth the sore feet!
Some things I learnt during our time in Rome:
- Do not attempt to get through the city centre during the middle of a Harley Davidson gathering…
- Beware the hawkers, they’re everywhere
- What we did: 2 days wandering Rome on our own
- Favourite part: Being able to take photos in most of the museums (awesome!)
- Best Experience: Wandering through the Balbi Crypt
- Worst Experience: Getting stuck in the city centre. I mentioned this previously, but it was probably the low point of our trip so it deserves a second (or third) mention!
- Must See Attraction: If you can find it, the church (San Pietro in Vincoli) housing the Moses statue is definitely worth a visit
- Next stop: Back to Florence and a day trip to Cinque Terre!