From Florence we had a day trip out to Cinque Terre. This was a pretty jam packed full day tour, with us visiting all five towns including a hike between two of the towns. By the end of it we were pretty exhausted, but it was definitely worth doing – we were able to visit all of the towns, and also see the towns from different view points, either by hiking, bus, train or boat which was great. Travelling to Italy, I’d say you’d probably only need to do either Cinque Terre or the Amalfi Coast, but I’m glad we were able to do both as the hike and tour was great fun.
Some things I learnt during our time in Cinque Terre:
- Wearing jeans when hiking is probably not a great idea
- It’s great to get outdoors and hike after being on tour for a while!
- What we did: 1 very long day hiking, walking, and travelling by bus, train and boat between the 5 towns of Cinque Terre
- Favourite part: Hiking the trail towards Vernazza
- Best Experience: Eating a very delicious lunch with good company
- Worst Experience: Dropping my lens cap and being attacked by sharp branches when trying to retrieve it
- Must See Attraction: Any of the towns – they’re all rather pretty
- Next stop: Back to Venice, and then onto Milan, our final stop in Italy!