We were in Brisbane in early October this year for the annual Taekwondo Festival, and as we were travelling to Brisbane we decided to extend our stay a bit and see some of the sights. While I had travelled to Brisbane for work before, Takeshi and I hadn’t visited there before for a non work trip. During the two days we had free outside of the Taekwondo competition we were able to catch up with family which was great, as well as see the Queensland Museums Afghanistan exhibit, wander through the Botantic and Roma Street Gardens, walk to and around South Bank and the many markets on as well as catch the ferry down to the Story Bridge and back around to the city. We were able to pack a lot into our short time in Brisbane, and it was great trip – especially getting to attend our first national level Taekwondo competition!
- What we did: 4 days spent either wandering around the city centre area, or out at the Taekwondo Festival and then one full day out at Australia Zoo
- Favourite part: Watching the Taekwondo competitions at the Tennis Centre
- Best Experience: Walking along South Bank in the warmth admiring the sights
- Worst Experience: None fortunately!
- Must See Attraction: The South Bank area is rather nice, as is the Botanic Gardens
- Next stop: Onto Australia Zoo!