For one of the days we spent in Brisbane, Takeshi was very keen to head out to Australia Zoo and so out we drove for a good hour and a half one way (!). It’s a very nicely laid out zoo, with lots of space in each of the enclosures for the animals. There were a lot of crocodiles and koalas, as well as some red pandas, tigers, rhino, giraffes and zebra in additional to some other Australia animals.
While it was a great zoo and an awesome day while we were in Brisbane, I think Auckland is for me still the best zoo we have visited in terms of layout, design, enclosures for the animals and also variety of animals.
A big thank you to Takeshi’s sister for lending us her car for the day. It was very appreciated!
- What we did: 1 day spent wandering around Australia Zoo
- Favourite part: Watching the tiger handling
- Best Experience: Getting to pat a kangaroo, koala and wombat all on the same day – plus the wombat was on a leash which just made it even better
- Worst Experience: The sun and heat, urg
- Must See Attraction: Should say the crocodiles, but it would have to be either the red pandas or the tigers
- Next stop: That’s the end of our trip! Back to Brisbane and then home